I was recently asked to speak at a dinner meeting for Mormon Chronicle. At about the same time, I was asked by a reader what was the basis for my belief in secret combinations and their role in world affairs today. This friend was looking for specific documented proof of organized, Satanic conspiracies, which I was unable to provide (after all, they are “secret”). However, it did give me the opportunity to ask myself, “Why DO I believe that there are secret combinations, Gadianton Robbers of our day, that are influencing, if not controlling, the financial, political, military and even religious affairs of the world today.” So, I developed a list of 12 points that I shared with my friend. In doing so, I realized that they would be the basis of my talk, which follows:
I’m not sure why I’ve been asked to speak with you today. I’m by no means a scholar, which means that I’m not very knowledgeable of the ways that secret combinations are manifesting themselves today. I’m not a constitutional scholar, or a historian, although I have certainly read the constitution and I have a BA in History from the University of Oklahoma. I’m not a political activist, although I do regularly post articles on my own blog and on Mormon Chronicle. I’m not a rebel; I still pay taxes, I live in the city, I have a mortgage (but no other debt) and I work for a multi-billion dollar corporation. I suspect that I’ve been asked to speak as a means of encouraging anybody who has ears to hear – that if I can do it, so can you – that you don’t have to be a scholar or an activist to begin understanding and sharing the truth of what is happening in this country and in the world during these last days.
My journey, my “awakening”, actually began courtesy of Greg Lunt. It was probably 8 or 9 years ago that he sat on my couch and tried to convince me that if I paid taxes to the government, I was a slave. Whether or not that was what he said, that was what I heard, and I pretty much dismissed him, courteously and lovingly, as a kook. But he hung around, remained my friend, and one day loaned me the book, “The Great and Abominable Church of the Devil” by H. Verlan Andersen. This book quickly took its place on the list of the top 5 books that changed my life. I later read Jack Monnet’s book “Awakening to Your Awful Situation” and it reinforced the points made in Elder Andersen’s book. I’ve read many books since, but by far the most influential of them has been the Book of Mormon. As a result of my reading (I wouldn’t even call them studies) and my increasing understanding of the principles, no – the mysteries – of the kingdom of God, I have come to understand that there are things that I know to be true concerning secret combinations. Many would consider them circumstantial, but with enough circumstantial evidence one can certainly convict. My list of things that I know:
1) Agency is sacred, and since God refuses to compromise agency, no man has the right to compromise either his own agency or that of someone else.
2) The war in heaven was waged over agency and it continues today.
Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you; or wo be unto it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who built it up. (Ether 8:24)
Therefore, the conspiracy exists, and we have been warned to not let them get control of us. The challenge for us is to understand and recognize how these conspiracies are being manifested. That is, I believe, the core of this discussion.
4) There are many tools in Satan’s arsenal in his war against agency, perhaps the greatest of which is to induce us to surrender our agency in the interest of security – social, political, and financial.
5) When someone controls the tools by which we are able to acquire the essentials of survival, they potentially, if not in fact, control our ability to exercise our agency – as we must answer to their desires if we are to continue to survive temporally.
6) In this country and in the world, we have gradually been lured into a money-based economy where we have accepted fiat money and credit as the primary means of acquiring the essentials of survival.
7) In this country, we have gradually submitted ourselves to more and more intrusive laws – with the PATRIOT act and NDAA as the most recent high profile examples of laws that POTENTIALLY can be used to justify violation of the basic rights that were defined in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, including our precious Bill of Rights.
8) This POTENTIAL usurpation of our agency and individual rights remains unrealized based solely upon the restraint of those who administer these laws. It is clear to me that the mechanisms are in place – some rumored, some verified – that a less benevolent government now has the legal right to imprison or kill citizens without being subject to the rights previously guaranteed by the constitution. In other words, such acts as the Patriot Act and NDAA usurp the basic rights referred to in item 7. The rule of law (the Constitution) is now subject only to the restraint of the administrators – who now have the rule of law (NDAA, etc) that gives them authority to usurp the rule of law (the constitution). I think this is properly called a conundrum.
9) Since the door is open, and we are subject to individual interpretation, judgment and benevolence, etc. – Satan is in a prime position to further his war against agency. The rule of law is no longer a stop-gap against his conspiracy.
10) Since Satan’s tools are many, where does the attack come from? This is, in my mind, the source of any uncertainty and confusion. It is easy for us to dismiss any of them as unrealistic, but if we apply that logic to all of the potential tools, then we are failing to honor the vehement warnings of Ether 8. Yet, if we assume that all the manifestations of his conspiracy are real- dismissing none of them – we are accused of being irrational conspiracy theorists. I personally would rather err on this side than to risk setting aside the Lord’s warnings. I guess that leaves us to following the spirit in combination with research.. I personally lag far behind on the research, but the spirit tells me that not everything is to be dismissed as the product of an unstable, paranoid mind.
11) Re: item 6 above……..I have logically deduced that in order to detect the real conspiracies, we need to follow the money. Fractional reserve banking, Keynesian economics, the Federal Reserve System and other national banks, national income taxes (the IRS) all seem to be insidiously working to enslave us to the monetary/credit system by controlling the means of acquiring the essentials of survival. There are others that seem to me to be emerging tools:
- The New World Order (what’s wrong with that?). Order is based on law. Laws are based on values. An order (government) based on world laws must be based on world values. And whose values will that be? Certainly there is little chance of satisfactorily blending my values with those of the Muslim world. I cannot accept the NWO, because I do not want to live under a system of laws based on values that have, of necessity, been watered down in the interest of accommodating the whole world. That may be considered selfish, but that is what I think.
- Agenda 21: proposed as an initiative to combat climate change and reduce humanity’s footprint, it ends up telling me what I can and can’t grow, what I can and can’t eat, what I can and can’t drive. I don’t think so!
12) Bottom line – I am committed to resisting Satan in this war for agency – on a personal level (D&C 121:34–47) and on a world level (Ether 8). In order to do so, I must learn to recognize the tools of this war.
In summary, if we are to live the gospel of Jesus Christ, we must make ourselves aware of how Satan’s armies are continuing to wage their war on agency. This is made clear in the scriptures, and we must honor this commandment just as we do all others. I conclude with the following scriptures, which need no further explanation:
He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things (D&C 93:28)
For the word of the lord is truth, and whatsoever is truth is light, and whatsoever is light is spirit, even the Spirit of Jesus Christ (D&C 84:45)
The Glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth. Light and truth forsake the evil one (D&C 93:36, 37)
And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:32)